Program-Based Scholarships, Awards, and Prizes
- The Heisey Award (*$4000): awarded annually to students entering the second year of studies in Fine Arts.
- The Visual Arts of the Americas Graduate Award ($1250): given annually to a second-year student in the Graduate Program in Art History whose research focuses on some aspect of the visual arts of North, Central, or South America. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and academic excellence.
- The Cardarelli Award (*$500): awarded annually to students entering second year of the MA in Art History demonstrating financial need and academic excellence.
- The Dorothy Rowe Visual Cultures and Canada Graduate Award (*$1250): intended to stimulate and support the study of visual culture and Canada. The award is offered annually to a student demonstrating academic excellence and financial need, who is entering the Graduate Program in Art History with the intention of focusing his or her studies on issues related to cultural diversity or intra-cultural understanding of visual cultures within the Canadian context.
- The Joyce Zemans Prize (*$250): awarded annually to a graduating student demonstrating academic excellence.
- The Zdenka Volavka Research Fellowship (*$6000): awarded annually to a graduate student researching the art history of the indigenous peoples of Africa or America. Its purpose is to stimulate and support the study of art history of the indigenous people of Africa and North America through fieldwork and to provide opportunities for comparative study through field activities and related collections research.
Graduate Financial Resources
- OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Scholarships, bursaries and awards —Faculty of Graduate Studies
- SSHRC (Canada Graduate Scholarship [CGS])
- OGS (Ontario Graduate Scholarship) (.pdf)
- York University Student Financial Services
- York University - Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries
*The value and frequency of each award may vary.